Fresh off of organizing the second annual All Ladies Beer Fest, we asked the fabulous five founders of the Society of Beer Drinking Ladies to assemble their Ultimate Fall Six-Pack. Here are the six beers they’re drinking all autumn long.
Don’t forget to grab a ticket to the next SOBDL event — a special 3rd Birthday Bevvy on January 27th, 2017, for tickets click here.
- Won Bronze in the World Beer Cup 2016 and Gold in the Ontario Brewing Awards 2016
- Easy drinking, smooth porter with lots of chocolatey, coffee notes
- Make sure to ‘scan the can’ using the Blippar app: to learn more about the art/artist featured on Collective Arts cans
Availability: Look for the 473-ml can in the fall, winter and spring in the LCBO. Year-round at brewery, on draught & at beer-friendly grocery stores.
- Tropical fruit and floral notes with an almost creamy mouthfeel
- Gold Medal winner at the Canadian Brewing Awards
- Uses the much sought-after Citra hop variety
Availability: at LCBO in coming weeks (473 mL cans, seasonal) & on draught
- This beer will keep you warm on cooler fall nights
- Gotta grab it now: it’s only available for a few months
- Rich malt backbone and a subtle grassy character reminiscent of the freshly cut harvest
Availability: LCBO, Beer Store
- Smooth and refreshing, yet has rich caramel malt notes and spicy/sweet Hallertau/Hersbrucker hop character
- “Bootza Frau” means “Female Scarecrow:” The defender of the barley crop!
- We dig its gorgeous, copper colour and strong, tan head
Availability: limited time at the brewery & at select bars/restaurants
- A beautiful balance between sweet, caramel malts and earthy British and German hops
- Pairs beautifully with seasonal comfort foods like traditional British pub fare: beef stew, chicken pot pie, fish & chips
- Newest full time beer for Nickel Brook in the LCBO, it’ll be available at the end of November
Availability: Year Round at LCBO (473mL can), brewery, on draught
- Local organic hops put into the brew the day they are harvested
- Honey from nearby Beaver Valley farms
- A collaboration between a local brewer and 2 hard working Ontario farmers: a true harvest ale for the fall
Availability: Seasonally at LCBO (473mL can), brewery, on draught